Low Melt Alloys or Fusible Alloys
Vital Materials has approximately 100 different low-melting-point alloys listed in its standard specifications. Also available are literally hundreds of other low-melt alloys that can be developed to meet specific customer requirements. Vital Materials is constantly improving its production control techniques to maximize the performance of its plant and machinery.
What are Fusible or Low Melt Point Alloys?
- Alloys containing bismuth, other elements in fusible alloys are lead, tin, cadmium, and indium
- Fusible alloys can expand by 3.3% volume when setting from liquid to solid
- Fusible alloys have unusually low melting temperatures
Common Uses for Fusible Alloys
- Work holding: tube and pipe bending, optical lens, turbine blade machining
- Medical Field: blocking for radiation therapy
- Molds: dental application, plaster, plastics and encapsulating
- Solder: safety devices used in fire protection equipment
- Transportation: plugs in compressed gas tanks for large trucks
Vital Materials is a manufacturer and end-user supplier of low melt alloys and a full range of other minor metal compounds. We can customize the purity, composition and forms for different industrial applications. Please contact us for a price or more information.